Upper body workouts are all about challenging your muscles to get the best results. They are also easier when you know what exercises to do and which muscle groups they target. This article will give you some great upper body workouts that target your chest, shoulders, back, and arms!
The Best Upper Body Workouts
If you’re looking for the perfect upper body workout, you need to check out these six workouts! Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced exerciser, these workouts will help tone and strengthen your muscles.
1. Push-ups: If you want to start with a basic exercise, start with push-ups. Not only do they work your chest and arms, but they also work your core. Add some weight to make the workout harder.
2. Bench Dips: For a more challenging workout, try bench dips. This exercise targets your chest, triceps, and shoulders. Place a bar on the bench and dip it under your body until your chest touches the ground. Keep your back pressed against the bench and lift your legs up so that they are parallel to the ground. Return to the starting position and repeat.
3. Tricep Dips: Similar to bench dips, tricep dips target your arms and shoulders. To do this exercise, place a straight barbell on the ground in front of you with your palms facing forward. Bend both elbows so that your hands are close to your waistline, then slowly lower yourself until your chin is below the barbell.
4. Pumping Iron: This classic workout is great for beginners, as it's simple and doesn't require any equipment. Simply perform squats, bench presses, and shoulder presses in sequence.
5. The German Split: This workout is perfect for those who want to add some intensity to their routine. In this workout, you'll perform three sets of 10 reps each of the following exercises: push-ups, lunges, and pull-ups.
6. The Circuit: For a more challenging workout, try a circuit format. In this type of workout, you'll complete a series of different exercises back to back without rest. Some examples include chest presses followed by leg curls, squats followed by triceps pushdowns, and bicep curls followed by a shoulder press.
Benefits of High-Intensity Workouts
There are many benefits to high-intensity workouts, the most notable of which is that they produce large amounts of testosterone. Testosterone is responsible for maintaining muscle mass and burning calories, two things that are key for weight loss. Additionally, high-intensity workouts help to improve your cardiovascular health by increasing the amount of oxygen your body uses.
As we get older, our muscles can start to lose some of their strength and elasticity. This is especially true for the upper body, which is why it's so important to include regular upper body workouts in your routine. With a little dedication and hard work, you can achieve great results from these exercises. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Comment, Like, and Share, please!
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. We might earn a commission when you click on the links and make a purchase from Amazon.